Transfers and Leaving Harvard

Most non-immigrant visa statuses allow students and scholars to change schools or employers, although the new school or employer must prepare its own visa sponsorship prior to the change. For F and J visas, moving from one school to another while remaining on the F or J visa is called a SEVIS transfer. For H-1B visa holders, it is possible to change employers as long as the new employer files for a new H-1B while the individual is still working at Harvard.

For more information about transfers and leaving Harvard, check on the visa type that is applicable to you.