What's New

April 23, 2015

Congratulations, Class of 2015! F-1 students graduating in May and not working in the U.S. afterwards may remain in the U.S. during the 60 day grace period starting from May 28th. J-1 students have a grace period of 30 days starting from May 28th. During the grace period students may remain in the U.S. but may not leave and reenter the U.S. in F or J status. Students are not permitted to be employed during the grace period.

Returning F and J students must get a ...

February 22, 2015

If you are an F-1 student and plan to work in the U.S. after graduation or just for the summer, it is time to apply for Optional Practical Training (OPT). ...

February 21, 2015

Congratulations on your admission to Harvard University! Your next step is to secure a U.S. student visa. Please watch this informational video on what you need to do in order to obtain your U.S. student visa. For specific questions, please contact an HIO advisor assigned to your school. ...

Personal Stories

Every moment I spent at Harvard so far has been beautiful and it still feels unreal.It is great to be part of Harvard’s intellectually engaging community and every day spent here is an inspiration.

Ana-Maria ConstantinRomaniaHarvard College2016

I feel like I make new friends almost every day here at Harvard. One of the things I love most about Harvard is the people I’ve met here.

Richard SalibaLebanonCollege2015

Represented at Harvard this year

International population over time

International population this year