Scholar Employment

Individuals who will work at Harvard University or affiliated hospitals must have proper U.S. visa status which allows them to be employed. For more details on work permission for each visa type, visit the page for your visa type and check the Employment section.

Scholars on a J Visitor Exchange visa may also give occasional lectures or consultations with prior written authorization from your HIO advisor. For more information, see the Employment section on the J Scholar Visa page.